Flourless Chocolate Cake
By Jan D’Atri
This 3-ingredient chocolate cake is flourless, fabulous and
perfect for Valentine’s Day!
– 8 eggs
– 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup butter
– pinch salt, optional
– powdered sugar, whipped cream or fresh berries (for
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8 or 9 inch cake pan, or spring form pan.
Select a baking sheet or roasting pan in which the cake pan will set. (You will
be adding water to the bottom of the sheet or roasting pan.)
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips with
the butter. Melt at 45 second intervals, and stir until the chocolate and
butter are fully melted and combined.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs for 6-8 minutes or
until double in size. The eggs should be foamy and light colored.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into a large bowl.
6. Spoon one third of the whipped eggs into the chocolate
and gently fold until combined.
7. Add the remainder of the eggs into the chocolate and fold
until completely combined.
8. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan. If using spring form
pan, seal the outside and bottom with aluminum foil and place in sheet or
9. Place in oven. Pour 1-2 inches of hot water into the
roasting pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
middle comes up clean. Do not over bake.
10. When done, let cool. (The cake will deflate.)
11. Serve in wedges and garnish with powdered sugar,
whipping cream or berries.
Watch my how-to video at
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.